Saturday, November 19, 2016

Sofi's Family

Family.
Family is such a beautiful thing.
God designed it, and we were made for it.
Family is why we are on this journey,
and family is helping us make it through.

I am so thankful for all the family that surrounds me.
I have my family - family.
My church family.
My Central family.
My Woodlawn family.
My friends - who - never - leave - me family.

It's really quite outrageous.
Everyone should experience love like this.
#glimpsesofheaven

The word "family" speaks so much love and hope.
The word "orphan" splits me to the core.
I struggle to type it.

I want so badly to thank all my family who give so much.
So much has been given and shared and sacrificed on behalf of Sofi and our family.
There are no words for the love we have received.
I want to reciprocate.
I want each person to somehow feel the depth of their impact, but nothing is adequate.
I pray deeply for God to pour blessings into your lives; for you to know our gratitude.

It's not easy to receive.
I am so humbled by the level of generosity I have experienced over the last few years.
Just the last few weeks and days have overwhelmed me.

I love my family.
I am deeply moved by your love for God, displayed in such beautiful kindness.

Precious donations
T-shirts and jewelry
Little lambs and clothes
Anonymous packages
Surprise shower
Money tree gifts
Loving scriptures
Texts and comments
Hugs and smiles
Substitutes and extra jobs
Plane ride games
and PRAYERS
Thank you for showing us the love of God!
You are Sofi's family.

No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us.  - 1 John 4:12