Sunday, November 13, 2016

Each Breath

Intense.
This adoption process.
And the intensity grows in each step.
All parents understand the weight of a life that is dependent on you.  You want to give them your all and not miss a moment of need.
That weight is indescribable as we work to get to our little Sofi.
She is mine, but she is out of my reach.

We have constantly given these anxieties to God  (just as we do for our other kids), but the frequency of those requests has been a bit outrageous in the last weeks.
I'm thankful my God can handle it all!!
God has been so present and so real that I really cannot explain how His presence has felt.  I have needed him in a special way, and He has met every need in every moment.
He has whispered promises to me that have sustained me.

I have been so completely confident in God's sovereignty.  He has proven over and over His control over the timing and details in this adoption, but anxiety is real.
I have literally prayed for breath.
I pray, and God answers.

I have sung Great Are you Lord so many times this week.  The words are just beautiful.
It's Your breath in our lungs
So we pour out our praise


"Great Are You Lord" (excerpt)

You give life, You are love
You bring light to the darkness
You give hope, You restore
Every heart that is broken

Great are You, Lord

It's Your breath in our lungs
So we pour out our praise
We pour out our praise
It's Your breath in our lungs
So we pour out our praise
To You only


All the earth will shout
Your praise
Our hearts will cry
These bones will sing
Great are You, Lord

It's Your breath in our lungs
So we pour out our praise
We pour out our praise
It's Your breath in our lungs
So we pour out our praise
To You only


I have offered God praise using the very breath He has given.
He provides and I return it back to Him.  He is so worthy.

This morning at church, the worship team (which leads beautiful, Spirit-filled worship) included this song. I immediately felt God's presence as He spoke so clearly about all those prayers He heard this week.  I was praising Him and thanking Him, and then that song washed over me.

I feel God in each moment and each breath.
If He is sustaining me, then how much more is He caring for His sweet child, Sofi.
I can put Sofi, Luke, Kate, and Drew in His hands.
What an awesome God!!
He is a God who gives us each breath.

___________________________________
We are at the best part of our adoption journey!
If you want to follow our trip to China, you can join our FB group.
Just click here to join, or you can find a link on my FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1779644752303183/?ref=bookmarks