Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Many More Yeses

I write.  I share.
I attempt to put words to God's love and His hand in our family.
So, you hear from me.
But you don't get to hear as much from the beautiful heart next to me.
The heart that holds me and works alongside me.
The heart that lifts me.
The heart that balances me.
The heart that puts up with me.

I have always and will always love Kevin and his heart.
I am so thankful for Kevin and for how God has blessed me and our family through him.

This adoption journey began in a moment when God spoke to Kevin's heart, and Kevin said yes.
Kevin said yes; I said yes with him.
God was faithful.

Kevin penned the beginning of the blog to explain - How It Began
Kevin chose the verse and the prayer:
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. - Romans 12:2
 - Transforming Love

Kevin puts his family first in so many ways, big and small.
He has ALWAYS made time for our kids and arranged his schedule for them.  He even stepped down from a career coaching position this year - just for his kids.
God has honored Kevin's choices and sacrifices, and God has helped us and continues to help us.

Now, with four kids, our teamwork has really ramped up.  We're double-teamed on every play, so our game has changed. 
* Kevin always plays best under pressure - so we got this :)

Some people assume marriage pulls you away from ministry, like a distraction from God.
I guess anything can do that if you let it, but I believe . . .
When God is in the midst of your marriage,
When both are striving to give life to Him,
Two yeses are stronger than one.
Two hearts are stronger than one.
No marriage gets it right all the time.  Kevin offers me big grace
every day. 
But when we give it to God, He fills in the gaps.
The unity and strength He created to be in marriage is an amazing gift.

I love that Kevin is on my team, and I am so thankful for every day.
May God bless us with many more yeses.

Drew, Kate, Sofi, and Luke have a very special Daddy.