Thursday, June 6, 2013

I love his heart!

I want the world to know I love my husband!
(I'm going to be careful and keep it brief, because Kevin will not like this post.)
But, I love him!  There are so many things about him to love, but you should see his heart.
Kevin shows us a strong, dedicated love on a daily basis.  He truly follows Christ as he leads and loves our family.  He loves others, and his heart breaks for others.  The moment God moved him to adoption was not a surprise, but a special calling.  The moment he told me will forever be in my mind. His heart was broken.  He wanted us to take up the cause and take action.  He truly is a father to the fatherless.
Sun-up to sun-down Kevin has worked.  He works like he always has, and now even extra.  He mows and mows and mows.  Without missing a beat, he comes straight in to a game of Candy Land; he goes straight from the mower to the Pee Wee field; without fail, he steps right in to be an audience for the impromptu rock star shows.  Never a complaint.
And when you see him look at Drew and Kate, or the slightest mention of the sweet girl we haven't met, you can see his heart in his eyes.
They say dads have a lot to do with a girl's marriage.  It's true.  Because of my Dad, I knew how to find a pure heart.  Now, so will our girls.  And Drew will have a special heart for his family.
I love his heart!